This statement applies to content published on https://verifyaward.brunel.ac.uk , run by Brunel University London. It does not apply to content on other brunel.ac.uk subdomains. Where a website or web application has additional accessibility statements, these will be linked from those individual locations.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
We've also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
• Some pages may have poor colour contrast
• Some heading elements may not be consistent
• Some tables may not have row headers
• Some images do not have good alternative text
• Some PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
• Some older videos don’t have captions
• Some tables may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . We will get back to you as soon as we can.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website
Brunel University London is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 AA standard due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The following items are currently not compliant with WCAG 2.1 AA criteria.
PDFs and other documents
Many of our PDFs and other documents don’t meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be accessible to screen reader software.
Some of our PDFs and other attached documents are essential to providing our services.
Forms and interactive elements
There are forms and interactive elements such as carousels and virtual tours which do not meet multiple AA success criteria. Some of these may be provided by third parties. We aim to improve forms and interactive elements as we review each page.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other attached documents
The accessibility regulations don’t require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
What we're doing to improve accessibility
We recognise that there is content published on the www.brunel.ac.uk, https://staff.brunel.ac.uk ,https://students.brunel.ac.uk , https://verifyaward.brunel.ac.uk domains that is not fully accessible, but the University is committed to improving this:
• We have procured Silktide’s scanner to help our content owners identify web content accessibility issues and advise on remedial actions for content accessibility optimisation
• Accessibility is a requirement for all third-party services that are purchased for inclusion on www.brunel.ac.uk, https://staff.brunel.ac.uk and https://students.brunel.ac.uk domains
• Accessibility training courses are available on Silktide's platform to anyone publishing content on the www.brunel.ac.uk, https://staff.brunel.ac.uk and and https://students.brunel.ac.uk domains.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 14 March 2023.