Portlet Containers (REF: 6027)
WYSIWYG Generic (REF: 6028)




Frequently Asked Questions


Please visit our new awards, certificates and verifications website for additional help




Q. Can I download my documents?

A. Yes. When you are in the document viewer looking at your certificate, transcript or HEAR you can click on the download icon and download the document as a PDF file. The PDF will state that the document is not valid as a printed document and that it should be verified by third parties by registering with VerifyAward.

Top of Page



Q. When will my documents be available for me to view?

A. Award details, Transcript of Studies and HEAR's (if applicable) will normally be available within a week from the date you were awarded.

A. Certificates will normally be available from the conferral date. Your conferral date can be found on the 'my course'/'view award' section in eVision https://evision.brunel.ac.uk

top of page



Q. Can I use the online verification service?

A. This is a pilot scheme for graduates of Brunel University London (from November 2008 onwards). Graduates will able to view their award details, certificate and transcript of studies or HEAR document and send a secure access link to third parties via the VerifyAward service.

In order to access the service, please go to https://verifyaward.brunel.ac.uk

Please do come back as we will be extending the date range in the future.

Top of Page



Q. What can I do on the VerifyAward website?

A. As a graduate of Brunel University London, you can manage electronic versions of your degree documents (award details, certificates, transcript of studies or HEAR (if applicable)). This means viewing electronic copies of your documents, sharing online access with employers, recruitment agencies and other third parties, and reporting any errors.

A. As a Third Party, you can view qualification documents online from graduates that have given you access. Graduates have the control to revoke access at any time. You may also request access from particular graduates to view their documents if they have not already given you access or request a timed extension to prolong your access.

top of page



Q. Is it secure to share my qualification documents with other people?

A. Yes. We have taken extreme measures to prevent fraud and make it as safe as possible to share your documents. By revoking access when required and deciding who gets access to your documents, you have control over exactly who views your documents, which documents they see, when they see them and for how long. Although these electronic documents have been published by Brunel University London, they are no longer valid when printed or removed from this website.

top of page



Q. How are the electronic documents created?

A. Upon printing your physical documents, an electronic version is uploaded to this secure website. Only specific personnel at Brunel University London can print or publish these documents and security measures are in place to stop anyone else accessing your documents. If you notice an error on your documents, please report it.

top of page



Q. My award was made before October 2008

A. For conferrals between 2000 and September 2008 your request should be directed to our Student Centre student.centre@brunel.ac.uk

A. For conferrals prior to 2000 your request should be directed to the Awards Team awarding@brunel.ac.uk

Your conferral date can be found on the 'my course'/'view award' section in eVision https://evision.brunel.ac.uk

Top of page



Q. I have two awards, but can only see one. How do I verify the other One?

A. For additional awards conferred between 2000 and September 2008 your request should be directed to our Student Centre student.centre@brunel.ac.uk

A. For additional awards conferred prior to 2000 your request should be directed to the Awards Team awarding@brunel.ac.uk

top of page



Q. I can't register!

A. If you have registered already, you won't be able to register again with the same email address and student number. In this case, visit the login page to try and log in with existing details, or reset your password if you can't remember it. If you still can't register and are a new user, please email us at student.centre@brunel.ac.uk so we can help set up your account.

top of page



Q. I can't log in!

A. If you can't log in it might be because of a few reasons. Make sure your password is correct or reset it if you've forgotten.

Accounts can also be blocked by the VerifyAward administrator if any suspicious activity is recognised. Please email us at student.centre@brunel.ac.uk if you still can't access your account.

Top of page



q. Can I change my login name?

A. Yes. If you go to your profile page you can change your email address (which is your login name), password, profile picture and other personal details. Please be aware that these details are viewable by third parties that you have approved.

top of page



Q. Do I have a Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)?

A. The HEAR will be produced in full for undergraduates who commenced their full-time programme of study in September 2012 and onwards and achieved a full Bachelors award.

For more details please refer to http://www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/hear/students

top of page



Q. I have not received my original certificate?

A. If you have not yet requested your original degree certificate, then you should go to the 'my course'/'view award' section in evision https://evision.brunel.ac.uk/ and complete the task.

A. If you have requested your original certificate and have not received it; please email us at awarding@brunel.ac.uk, Please provide your full name, date of birth and student number (if known).

top of page



Q. Can I view my documents if I have an outstanding account with the University?

A. If you owe money to the University (i.e. if your account has been placed on financial hold or suspension), we will not publish your documents until your account has been cleared. 

top of document


Q. I have received my certificate. Can I still attend graduation?

A. Please refer to our the graduation page, which can be found here http://www.brunel.ac.uk/graduation

top of page



Q. Can I order additional copies of my qualification certificate?

A. No.  There can only ever be one original certificate in circulation at any one time.  You may request a certified copy (or copies) of this original document by emailing us at awarding@brunel.ac.uk. Additionally if your original certificate has been lost, you may request a replacement by emailing us at awarding@brunel.ac.uk. Please provide your full name, date of birth and student number (if known). The current cost for a replacement certificate is £60.

top of page



Q. My name has changed since I was awarded. Can I get a new certificate?

A. In most circumstances your certificate cannot be changed. Please email us at awarding@brunel.ac.uk with photographic evidence in your old name and your new name and we will look into this for you.

top of page



Q. Who do I contact with any FEEDBACK?

A. Please email us at awarding@brunel.ac.uk

top of page